Build confidence in a range of key literary analysis techniques and skills with this practical companion, full of advice and guidance from experienced experts.
- Build analysis techniques and skills through a range of strategies, serving as a useful companion throughout the course - from critical-thinking, referencing and citation and the development of a line of inquiry to reflecting on the writing process and constructing essays for Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Develop skills in how to approach a text using literary analysis strategies and critical theory, for both unseen literary texts (the basis of Paper 1) and texts studied in class
- Learn how to engage with texts so that you can write convincingly and passionately about literature through active reading, note-taking, asking questions, and developing a personal response to texts
- Concise, clear explanations help students navigate the IB requirements, including advice on assessment objectives and how literary analysis weaves through Paper 1, Paper 2, the HL Essay, Individual Oral and the Learner Profile
- Engaging activities are provided to test understanding of each topic and develop skills for the exam - guiding answers are available to check responses.